We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
  • Here's the issue:
    2 clients of mine are hosted on GoDaddy Shared Linux because that's what they wanted to go with.

Both sites are running Revo 2.2.5 and have flock set to false in the config.inc.php file

Both sites are running Big Brother

Intermittently, the web context (index.php) will go white. No errors, no warnings... just a white html page.

Now, if I log into the manager in that same browser THEN look at the site: boom it's all there.

If I clear the site cache, then log out (or open a completely different browser with no session), the site loads.

Other info:
    There is are two User Groups : Admin and Editor
    There are two Media Sources: the default, and one for Editors that directs them to only the Assets/Files directory
    Each site has only one context.
    Neither client is a ModX Cloud candidate as they need the other services provided by a web host (email, etc) and neither are keen on paying more than one company for services.

So, anyone venture a guess to why, after some unknown amount of time (sometimes 1 day, sometimes 4 days), the cache for the resources is no longer accessible by an anon user on GoDaddy? Is this a chown issue for the cache? Or something MediaSources is tripping on? A Db connection issue?

Any info would be incredibly helpful.

Jason
    • Have you disabled any Plugins to see if they are involved in the issue?
      • Quote from: opengeek at Nov 12, 2012, 02:03 PM
        Have you disabled any Plugins to see if they are involved in the issue?

Hadn't thought about that. Seems I have two common ones between the two sites: VersionX and MIGX.

I'll disable and see if this is causing it. Hard to test this one, since there is not a regular interval when it occurs.

Jason