We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 1 Posts
    Hello, I am new to MODX and I am trying to deploy my development site to an external server. The site works fine after uploading it; however, I am not able to access the manager. When I put in the password, it parses, but the CMF login screen remains. If I put in the wrong password, I get the error message. I tried an upgrade and an advance upgrade using MODX Evo 1.0.6 install files, but I am not able to get a database connection using either even when I create config.inc.php manually. I tried changing the paths in the MODX configuration through the db manually, but none of the changes are recognized. I am not familiar with setting up the htaccess file. I appreciate any help, Thank you!

Platform Type: Debian
    MySQL Version: 5.0.91-log
    PHP Version: 5.3.13
    Server: Apache
      • 151 Posts
      I've had this problem before, but it's been a long time since I've seen it.

I'm a bit foggy what the solution was but I want to say it was a file/folder permissions issue. Are you using FTP to upload the MODX package?
      Sometimes that has bad results with permissions. Better to upload it via filemanager.

Here's a post where Susan gives some ideas and links to more help:

http://forums.modx.com/thread/28424/solved-iis-install---which-folders-need-write-permission

GL
        MODX...the Zen of CMS
        "Bight off more than you can chew and keep right on chewing."
        • 165 Posts
        The site works fine after uploading it
        Did you check config.inc.php on the hosting server ?
        It's settings are different from your local setup:

$database_type = 'mysql';
        $database_server = 'localhost';
        $database_user = 'username';
        $database_password = 'password';
        $database_connection_charset = 'utf8';
        $database_connection_method = 'SET NAMES';
        $dbase = '`database`';
        $table_prefix = 'modx_';