We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 18 Posts
    Just installed VersionX 2.0.0-pl on Modx 2.2.5-pl (traditional). When I try to view a saved version in VersionX component I get this error:

Warning: htmlentities() [function.htmlentities]: charset `utf8' not supported, assuming iso-8859-1 in /var/www/mywebsite/core/components/versionx/model/versionx.class.php on line 727

Also the saved version of the resource is cut off any time there is a character problem

Here is an example of the live page content:
    <p>Yes. It is truly a community space, a collaborative vision. Through five public
     consultations, the public voiced their values and the architects reflected these in their designs. The
     result is a bold, new design that complements the area and respects view planes. The fifth floor-
    called the Living Room-visually connects two important views of our history. Also, the City Space 
    symbolically represents the creativity and talent of the citizens of the municipality.</p>

And this is what VersionX is displaying as a saved update:
    <p>Yes.  It is truly a community space, a collaborative vision.  Through five public 
    consultations, the public voiced their values and the architects reflected these in their designs.  
    The result is a bold, new design that complements the area and respects view planes.  The fifth 
    floorâ

This seems to only be a display problem. I checked the database and the VersionX stored update content is correct:
    <p>Yes. It is truly a community space, a collaborative vision. Through five public
     consultations, the public voiced their values and the architects reflected these in their designs. The
     result is a bold, new design that complements the area and respects view planes. The fifth floor-
    called the Living Room-visually connects two important views of our history. Also, the City Space
     symbolically represents the creativity and talent of the citizens of the municipality.</p>

If I use VersionX to revert to an earlier version there is no problem. It restores the correct content. But still the display issue is a problem. Makes trying to compare versions a non option.

Any ideas?
    [ed. note: fosterscape last edited this post 11 years, 5 months ago.]
      -Jeremy
    • Yeah, I've had a few reports of this, but couldn't find any reference to "utf8" (which should be "UTF-8") anywhere, so I'm wondering where it came from.

What is the value of your "charset" system setting?
        Mark Hamstra • Developer spending his days working on Premium Extras and a MODX Site Dashboard with the ability to remotely upgrade MODX and extras to make the MODX world a little better.

Tweet me @mark_hamstra, check my infrequent blog at markhamstra.com, my slightly more frequent ramblings at MODX.today or see code at Github.