We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 79 Posts
    I am using Cliche for a customized photo gallery, but everytime I change the css to my custom css, the javascript functionality is gone (no fancy/lightbox window for the larger images).
    I am at my wits ends..........also, I didn't find those tpl files everybody mentioned in other threads, where are they and how can I customize them?

I also would like to have a pagination at the bottom of my gallery, after only showing 3 columns of the pictures. How can I do that?

Sorry for those stupid questions, I am still a newbie with modx............thanks for your help in advance!

Here is a link to the gallery page I am working on: http://smegd.com/modX/index.php?id=4

• 79 Posts
      One more question: how can I implement the feature, that those thumbnails are black and white first, and only on hover they are colored? Is this complicated?
        • 387 Posts
        changing to your custom css should not effect the js running - so probably what is happening is that you are removing the css that makes the fancy/lightbox appear - just add your css, don't get rid of the other css

the templates should be in assets/components/cliche/... somewhere - you should probably not customize/edit the existing tpl files but create your own custom templates

Don't know about the pagination - I've tried Cliche but it is refusing to upload pics, so I need to figure that out first

bw / color thumbnails - could be done with some javascript, you would need to create two sets of thumbs and swap them when hovering. It could also be done with just css but that would involve having the thumbnail images as background images in the css which would be harder to set up and maintain.