We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 1,161 Posts
    Hi All,

I have a new client project. The client has an existing site for a small number of health products that is underperforming. We are going to rebrand everything with a new site that focuses on the client herself, her services and her for sale products. Included will be a system for aggregating content, blogging, commenting, and e-commerce.

I have never done an e-commerce site before. Looking at all the MODx e-commerce solutions indicates that there is no one go to source here. New systems grow, enthusiasm abounds, but then the projects seem to wither on the vine and never really take off.

The existing site uses Mal's E-Commerce and it seems to work. The transactions seem a little awkward for my taste, but as there will only be a few for sale products I thinking why reinvent the wheel? Maybe the best course here is to use the existing Mal's system and bring it into Revo with good integration with the Revo template and TV system.

So, I am curious if anyone has done this before? It would be great to hear experiences, warnings and tips on how folks managed this task.

Thanks!
    • Photowebmax,

As some one who has done well over 100 eCommerce sites in my career, and signification potion of them in MODX I want to tell you what I have found to be the best solution. Foxycart It is extremely flexible and easy to deploy.

I have used Mal's E-Commerce in the past on MODX site and I have found that Foxycart to be a much cleaner solution in the end.

Hope this helps,

Ryan T. Kidd
      Exceleron Designs
        • 1,161 Posts
        Thanks Ryan,

I will have to kick this around with the site owner. She is used to Mal's and the no fee system...