We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 79 Posts
    I have successfully installed the Wayfinder on my modx site, and it worked fine, until I recently switched around some off the resource documents, and now not only is the navigation gone, I also can't switch templates anymore, without getting an error message.
    What did I do? I want my wayfinder navigation back, please can anyone help?
    • Clear your cache. The most sure way is to delete the files from the core/cache folder. If the nav is still gone after that, check the template. Is the call still there?

Also, what exactly is the error message?
        Frogabog- MODX Websites in Portland Oregon
        "Do yourself a favor and get a copy of "MODX - The Official Guide" by Bob Ray. Read it.
        Having server issues? These guys have MODX Hosting perfected - SkyToaster
        • 79 Posts
        The error says: 'Please correct the errors in your form before submitting". This is weird, because even though I changed the template in the dropdown, the form fields in the TV admin are still the ones from the previous template. Why does modx not adjust the new TV fields? I had some of those TV fields set to mandatory, so unless I fill those fields, it gives me the error.

I already cleared the cache several times, and also flushed the session and logged out and back in. I also reinstalled Wayfinder, all without effect. And yes, the wayfinder call is still there.
        I guess I have messed something up when dragging around the resources in the tree, but how can I fix this again? All resources are in the correct order again.
        • Which version of MODX are you using?

Dragging resources has absolutely nothing to do with templates, so that is not why you're seeing this. Templates are simply associated with the ID of your resources, no matter where you place them.

MODX does adjust the TV fields, but since you're unable to change templates, it's not performing that task. Try marking those TV's to not mandatory, or actually, un-associate them from the template and see if you can change it. If you can, then you know it's the TV's.

"Do yourself a favor and get a copy of "MODX - The Official Guide" by Bob Ray. Read it.
            • 79 Posts
            That's what I thought! My version is 2.2.5-pl. I will try what you suggest and report back.
              • 79 Posts
              Ok, problem solved! I did what you said, then I could change the template, but the nav was still gone.
              I checked the wf call and strangely the start ID was not the correct one. I guess because of my dragging around and deleting/creating new of resources, that all got messed up, and wf didn't find the correct start resource anymore. Weird, I don't get it really, but well, it's good again, so I am happy.

Thank you for helping!!
              • The startId must have been one of the resources that now has no siblings...

Glad it's fixed. Good to know that will cause a template change error. Learn something new every day, eh?
                  • 79 Posts
                  'Learn something new every day, eh?'

For real smiley