We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 130 Posts
    I have a multi-context installation with many separate domains running in a single installation of Revolution.

As I am adding a new site context, I develop and test this in a separate staging instance with it's own db copy. I was wondering if I can reliably push the context specific entries from the staging db to the production db once everything is ready.

Looks like I would definitely need some relevant entries from:
    modx_context
    modx_context_settings
    modx_site_content
    modx_tmplvar_contentvalues

The first 3 seemed pretty straight forward, but modx_tmplvar_contentvalues stores rows based on ids only and actually has no column to associate these rows with a specific modx context. I suppose I can manually build a list of relevant Ids and filter my query by that, but is there any plan to add another column to this table so that it can be easily linked to a site context?

Also, is there any other table data that I would need that I might be missing?

Thanks,
    -Brian
      • 130 Posts
      Was hoping to get some feedback. Specifically regarding modx_tmplvar_contentvalues table. For this table I would like to export only the rows that apply to the site context I am staging. I want to avoid exporting the whole table which has records related to other site contexts.

Doesn't seem possible, or is there a way to join this table with another to filter by site context?

Thanks,
      -Brian