We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 2 Posts
    Good morning, MODx community.

I've been playing with modx for a long time on localhost. Now, after I've installed it on real sever I faces such problems:
    1. "Users" doesn't work properly. I had to manually change admin passsword in DB to simly log in. When I try to log in with new-created user it says "No such user, check username" or something like that.
    2. I can see no context setting in context->settings section. When I try to add any twice, it says "such key is already exists", so there must be troubles with view only,
    3. And simple but annoying thing, smiley : when I use Gallery module it only shows thumbnails. When I click on, I'm sent to the other page with same content: thumbnails.

Does anybody have any idea of what I am doing wrong?

Thank you.

/core/cache/log/error.log:
    lot's of

[2012-11-04 20:27:19] (ERROR @ /home/users2/m/minner/domains/down-up-car.ru/core/xpdo/xpdo.class.php : 2285) PHP warning: json_encode() [<a href='function.json-encode'>function.json-encode</a>]: Invalid UTF-8 sequence in argument

install.log:
    [2012-11-04 19:52:21] (ERROR @ /setup/index.php) Could not copy /home/users2/m/minner/domains/down-up-car.ru/core/packages/core/modContext/fec2ded11d3471a40c64d7d17dc51ed3/0/ to /home/users2/m/minner/domains/down-up-car.ru/index.php
    [2012-11-04 19:52:21] (ERROR @ /setup/index.php) Could not install files from /home/users2/m/minner/domains/down-up-car.ru/core/packages/core/xPDOFileVehicle/3e7f86249f358231f6dc4b3ff9533e82/ to /home/users2/m/minner/domains/down-up-car.ru/connectors/
    [2012-11-04 19:52:22] (ERROR @ /setup/index.php) modUser: Attempt to set NOT NULL field username to NULL
    [2012-11-04 19:52:22] (ERROR @ /setup/index.php) modUserProfile: Attempt to set NOT NULL field email to NULL
    [2012-11-04 19:52:22] (ERROR @ /setup/index.php) modSystemSetting: Attempt to set NOT NULL field value to NULL
    • How did you perform the server move? The most likely culprit here is a gorked install. Did you re-run setup after uploading the db? Also, did you upgrade your packages prior to moving?

Re-installing might very well fix it all (like upgrading - make sure NOT to ftp these unpacked files to the server - unpack MODX.zip on the server itself).

Make sure to also check all possible php config files for the correct paths.

I also see a UTF-8 error in your MODX log. Check the database character encoding. It would also be worthwhile to deeply check every table in your database for the correct charset (check the fields as well as any entries)
        Frogabog- MODX Websites in Portland Oregon
        "Do yourself a favor and get a copy of "MODX - The Official Guide" by Bob Ray. Read it.
        Having server issues? These guys have MODX Hosting perfected - SkyToaster
        • 2 Posts
        Thank you.

I've made a new clean install. I havn't been moving it from localhost. And so, those errors apprered.

tables charset is utf8_general_ci .

I have no idea of what can be wrong.
        • OK, so just to be clear...

You have installed MODX on the server, uploaded/replaced the db with the localhost copy, modified/checked all the config paths (as shown in the Moving to a new server documentation), cleared the core/cache files, re-run setup, can successfully log into the manager...

And still the error remains?

Tables charset can be utf8_generl_ci while the table contents can remain any other charset (I just had to fix exactly this in one install a few weeks ago). Check within the tables themselves, both the data entries AND the table structure for every table. If it's all utf8_general_ci you're good. If you see any other charset, you'll have to changed each table structure/field individually. (yep, that's a long job)

(if you don't see a different charset in the first few tables you check, the rest are most likely correct as well - you can quit! hehe)

Edit: Could there be a database user permission issue? Your db user has full rights, correct?
            Frogabog- MODX Websites in Portland Oregon
            "Do yourself a favor and get a copy of "MODX - The Official Guide" by Bob Ray. Read it.
            Having server issues? These guys have MODX Hosting perfected - SkyToaster
            • 104 Posts
            Do you have a url we can see?
            For the gallery module, check that you are calling jquery correctly, and it needs to be above the css and other js calls I think