We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 708 Posts
    I've been using PageLocker to password protect pages and it works fine. I recently installed SimpleSearch to redirect to a separate results page, the problem is when the search results page is displayed it shows as being under PageLocker control, i.e., password protected.

I verified the search results template does not use anything related to PageLocker and if I deactivate PageLocker the search results page shows up just fine, so clearly there's something going on with PageLocker.

Revo 2.2.5

PageLocker Plugin

<?php
    /**
     * PageLocker
     * Simple front-end password protection for individual or groups of pages.
     * @ author Aaron Ladage (mods by Bob Ray)
     * @ version 1.1.0-beta1 - June 21, 2012
     * PLUGIN PROPERTIES
     * &tvPassword - (Required) The TV for the password (default: 'pagePassword')
     * &tvPasswordGroup - The TV for the password group (default: 'pagePasswordGroup'). Not required, but a good idea, unless you want all password-protected pages to be accessible with the same password.
     * &formResourceID - (Required) The ID of the password form page (no default set, but absolutely necessary -- the plugin will not work without it)
    **/

/* @var $modx modX */
    /* @var $scriptProperties array */

if (!function_exists("toForm")) {
        /* Show Login form */
        function toForm($resourceId) {
            global $modx;
            unset($_SESSION['password']);  // make sure password is not still set
            if ($modx->resource->get('id') != $resourceId) { // prevent infinite loop
                $modx->sendForward($resourceId);
            }
        }
    }

// Get the default plugin properties
    $tvPassword = $modx->getOption('tvPassword',$scriptProperties,'Password');
    $tvPasswordGroup = $modx->getOption('tvPasswordGroup',$scriptProperties,'Group');
    $formResourceID = $modx->getOption('formResourceID', $scriptProperties);

// Get the password and password group values from the page's template variables
    $resourcePW = $modx->resource->getTVValue($tvPassword);
    $resourceGroup = $modx->resource->getTVValue($tvPasswordGroup);

/* Do nothing if page is not password-protected, or the form page is not set in the properties */
    if ((empty($resourcePW)) || (empty($formResourceID))) { 
        return;
    }

// Set additional defaults
    $resourceGroup = empty($resourceGroup) ? 0 : $resourceGroup;
    $groups = isset($_SESSION['groups'])? $modx->fromJSON($_SESSION['groups']) : array();
    /* Get and sanitize the password submitted by the user (if any) */
    $userPW = isset($_POST['password'])? filter_var($_POST['password'], FILTER_SANITIZE_STRING) : '';

if (!empty($userPW)) { /* Form was submitted */

if ($userPW == $resourcePW) { /* password matches the page's password */
            /* Set the logged in and groups session */
            $_SESSION['loggedin'] = 1;
            if (! in_array($resourceGroup, $groups)) {
                $groups[] = $resourceGroup;
                $groupsJSON = $modx->toJSON($groups);
                $_SESSION['groups'] = $groupsJSON;
            }

return;
        } else { // Doesn't match. Back to the form!
            toForm($formResourceID);      
        }
    }  else { // Form wasn't submitted, so check for logged in and groups sessions

if ( empty($groups) || ! isset($_SESSION['loggedin']) || (! $_SESSION['loggedin'] === 1) || (! in_array($resourceGroup, $groups))) {
            toForm($formResourceID);
      } 
    }
      Todd