We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 322 Posts
    It seems to me that the Resources Browser, accessed through the TinyMCE image dialog box, sizes itself as a percentage of the SCREEN width rather than the browser window width, so that, on my large monitor, when I have my browser window at about 60% of the monitor screen width, a very comfortable size, the Resources Browser opens up way too wide and I can't see it all. And, since it seems to be in its own layer, there is no scroll bar at the bottom of the browser window. I have to resize my browser window very wide to get to the right side of the Resources Browser to shrink it down. And the nasty thing is, the size is not remembered, so every time I open the Resources Browser it's way too wide. I was on the phone with a client the other day running through inserting images and I told him to click the OK button at the bottom of the Resources Browser. He said "what button?". He couldn't see the buttons at the bottom because they were cut off.

On my laptop, the Browser opens in a nice size, because the laptop screen is much smaller than the monitor for my desktop computer. If you open the resources browser from the Files tree, however, it opens just fine, and it also remembers its size and position.

What's causing this problem? Is there a solution?

Another problem is that when you click the Close button at the bottom, the Resource Browser insides go way, but the frame itself does not! You just have an empty Resource Browser frame. The only way to close out of it is to click the X in the upper right corner of the Resource Browser frame. [ed. note: rainbowtiger last edited this post 11 years, 6 months ago.]
    • When the save button is cut off at the bottom, it's usually due to zoom level in the browser. In fact, most often when window sizing is off, it's zoom level.

Hanging after save/ok and leaving the window however is not correct behavior.
        Frogabog- MODX Websites in Portland Oregon
        "Do yourself a favor and get a copy of "MODX - The Official Guide" by Bob Ray. Read it.
        Having server issues? These guys have MODX Hosting perfected - SkyToaster
        • 322 Posts
        It's not the zoom level. The Resources Browser window opens at exactly the same size regardless of zoom level.