We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 7 Posts
    Hello,
    I'm a newbie using Revo 2.2.5 via xampp locally on Windows Server 2008 and also on Server 2012. In both these environments once I login, all I see is a page full of text, links etc - but no dashboard interface.

If I run Revo on XP, everything is fine and I get the usual dashboard interface.

I thought it might be because I don't have Java installed, but my instance of Server 2008 has Java, and XP doesn't, but it still doesn't show a dashboard in Server 2008 & 2012. Is there a component or app missing on these two servers, that XP has?

I running Revo from xampp locally, and use both Firefox and Opera in all three environments. The dashboard doesn't show in either of the Servers, so I don't think it is a browser issue. Perhaps these versions of Server have settings needing tweaking that XP doesn't?

Jules
    • Try first: disable compress_css and compress_js in system settings (if you can get there), or if not go directly to the system_settings table in the DB and change both to 0 instead of 1. (off).

Delete all the files from the core/cache folder. Clear the browser cache. Try to reload the manager.

Work?
        Frogabog- MODX Websites in Portland Oregon
        "Do yourself a favor and get a copy of "MODX - The Official Guide" by Bob Ray. Read it.
        Having server issues? These guys have MODX Hosting perfected - SkyToaster
        • 7 Posts
        Hi Frogabog,

Thanks for replying. Unfortunately no, it didn't work. In the process of trying this out, I lost the ability to login completely. Now when I try and login, I just get returned to the same login page - no error message saying I entered incorrect details, nothing.

I did try your steps on my original install, I then reinstalled it before trying this again.

I will reinstall one more time so I can at least login and await some help smiley

Jules