We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 6 Posts
    Hi There,

I wasn't able to find a thread discussing this issue, so my apologies if I missed one that deals with this issue. For the project in question I'm running MODx Revo 2.2.5-pl traditional. I'm attempting to create a user group that has limited access in the manager to make updates to their site. Initially, the site was developed with Revo 2.2.4-pl traditional, I just upgraded the site to 2.2.5 on Sunday. I went to create the user group initially in 2.2.4 but had the following problem occur and then attempted to update to see if that would alleviate the issue. But it doesn't seem to have had any effect on fixing the problem. Here's what's happening: Every time I try to update the access control policies for the group by right clicking on the group it acts like it's going to open but the window/panel never opens all that loads is the main window with the element tree on the left. Does anyone know what's causing this problem? Or how I might fix it? Any help would be so greatly appreciated!!!

Thanks in advance!
    rsdesign
    • Try turning compress_css and compress_js off in the system settings. Delete the files in the core/cache folder, and your browser cache. You may also want to try flushing sessions, logging out, and back in.

Does this problem persist in different browsers?
        Frogabog- MODX Websites in Portland Oregon
        "Do yourself a favor and get a copy of "MODX - The Official Guide" by Bob Ray. Read it.
        Having server issues? These guys have MODX Hosting perfected - SkyToaster
        • 6 Posts
        Hi Frogabog!

AWESOME!!!! Thank you so much!! That did the trick!

For others out there reading this post, yes, the problem was persisting across multiple browsers and platforms. I did everything that Frogabog listed in his reply: turned off compress css and js, deleted all files in the core/cahce folder and cleared my browser cache. All is well now!

Thanks again for all of your help!!!
        rsdesign
        • Good to know you're up and running again :~}

FWIW - clearing the core/cache folder works wonders in many situations all by itself.
            Frogabog- MODX Websites in Portland Oregon
            "Do yourself a favor and get a copy of "MODX - The Official Guide" by Bob Ray. Read it.
            Having server issues? These guys have MODX Hosting perfected - SkyToaster