We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 221 Posts
    Hello,
    I'm looking for a booking calendar for holiday lettings website.
    Each apartment needs to have its availability calendar. I need to be able to search properties and check their availability.
    Is there any add-on that I can use for it?
    Was any one successful implementing such a solutions and can help me with it?
    Regards,
    Lucas
      Lucas from AroundCyprus.net
    • I don't know of any extras that do exactly this. There are a few calendars that might work, but the only one I've worked with is mxCalendar. Unfortunately with mxCalendar, you can't book events across multiple days which would mean setting an individual event for each booked day. Not ideal.

Should a certain cheapskate client of mine ever buck up some cashola to migrate from static to MODX, I'll be looking for something similar.

Frogabog- MODX Websites in Portland Oregon
        "Do yourself a favor and get a copy of "MODX - The Official Guide" by Bob Ray. Read it.
        Having server issues? These guys have MODX Hosting perfected - SkyToaster
        • 110 Posts
        Hi lx,

Don't know if you're still looking at this but I did this for a single property using mxCalendar, and from my use of mxCalendar on this and other sites with other applications would think that if you gave each property its own category you would be able to achieve what you want. You can enter bookings of more than one day by using the repeating event feature and then specifying the number of days, i.e. 7/14 etc. I did some tweaking of the css and tpl's to get it to behave how I needed it to. You can see the page here:

http://www.browfarmhouse.co.uk/bookings.html

I didn't implement the modal/AJAX part as this predates that version so when you click forward/back a month it reloads the page, the latest version of mxCalendar doesn't need to do that if you enable the modal/AJAX feature.

Hope this is useful.

Cheers - Zaphodx
          • 5 Posts
          Hi Zaphodx, I'm trying to use mxcalendar as you indicated. the problem is , I have for each house a different available days..so maybe there is a filter for events by resource id? How can I have multiple calendars or event filtering if it's only one calendar.
          Thanks,

Andrew