We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
  • discuss.answer
    • 24,544 Posts
    You may be misunderstanding the default value of a TV. When you set the default value of a TV, that value is used for all resources that don't have a value set for that TV, so that won't solve your problem.

Is is possible that you could use 'publishedon' instead of 'createdon' or the TV?

BTW, you can use NewsPublisher to edit any fields of a Resource, including 'createdon' and 'publishedon' (and there's a nice datepicker), so you could correct all the dates and just use one sort criterion.
      Did I help you? Buy me a beer
      Get my Book: MODX:The Official Guide
      MODX info for everyone: http://bobsguides.com/modx.html
      My MODX Extras
      Bob's Guides is now hosted at A2 MODX Hosting
      • 13 Posts
      Quote from: BobRay at May 09, 2016, 05:18 AM
      You may be misunderstanding the default value of a TV. When you set the default value of a TV, that value is used for all resources that don't have a value set for that TV, so that won't solve your problem.

Is is possible that you could use 'publishedon' instead of 'createdon' or the TV?

BTW, you can use NewsPublisher to edit any fields of a Resource, including 'createdon' and 'publishedon' (and there's a nice datepicker), so you could correct all the dates and just use one sort criterion.

Thanks for your help. Guess I will go for publishedon for now. NewsPublisher is also a good idea. Will look at it later.