We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 370 Posts
    Hi all,
    i'm trying to install modx 2.2.5pl at XS4ALL. After running the setup i end up with a white screen. Also /manager is a white screen. I notice several paths in the config files like
    /usr/local/WWW/A/.52a6/v/myname/htdocs/core/

phpinfo() however says the DOCUMENT_ROOT is
    /usr/local/WWW/A/v/myname/htdocs/core/

notice the .52a6 is lacking.

changing the config files to /usr/local/WWW/A/v/myname/htdocs/core/ does not help.

1) has anyone EVER succesfully installed MODX at XS4ALL.nl ? i read about more problems in the forum with xs4all. and i've tried several times in the past 2 years with no luck

2) does anyone understand what this path thing is? and how to fix it

tnx
    Rdg
    • What if you change the document root in php.ini? Or can you?
        Frogabog- MODX Websites in Portland Oregon
        "Do yourself a favor and get a copy of "MODX - The Official Guide" by Bob Ray. Read it.
        Having server issues? These guys have MODX Hosting perfected - SkyToaster
        • 370 Posts
        mmmmh,

if i can find the php.ini, what would i put in it?
        • The following is from my php.ini which seems to be fully commented - I ran a search for "root" and these sections showed up. Yours will either be above, or at the public_html level on your server (less likely). You may not have access to it directly but perhaps through a php config script in your server control panel. If you can't find that, the host customer service should be able to help you.

; If html_errors is set On PHP produces clickable error messages that direct
          ; to a page describing the error or function causing the error in detail.
          ; You can download a copy of the PHP manual from http://www.php.net/docs.php
          ; and change docref_root to the base URL of your local copy including the
          ; leading '/'. You must also specify the file extension being used including
          ; the dot.
          ;docref_root = "/phpmanual/"
          ;docref_ext = .html

; The root of the PHP pages, used only if nonempty.
          ; if PHP was not compiled with FORCE_REDIRECT, you SHOULD set doc_root
          ; if you are running php as a CGI under any web server (other than IIS)
          ; see documentation for security issues. The alternate is to use the
          ; cgi.force_redirect configuration below
          doc_root =
            "Do yourself a favor and get a copy of "MODX - The Official Guide" by Bob Ray. Read it.
          • Sorry, I hit post too soon and stepped away (darn kids!). I meant to say to check to see if your host has these set in your php.ini. I don't know if changing them or adding the above will solve the path problem but since you're getting two different paths, perhaps there is a clue in your php.ini.
              • 370 Posts
              i've restarted this thread here
              http://forums.modx.com/thread/80200/installation-problem-php-in-cgi-bin-bug#dis-post-441894 since we found out more about what is happening

Rdg