We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 29 Posts
    The upgrade went smoothly. The pages with their content are visible in the manager as well as in phpMyAdmin. BUT (!!!!!): the only page visible on the site is the index page. All the other pages are not visible, whether I call them from the navigation in the index page or by pressing VIEW in the manager.

Can you help me?
    • Turn off FURL's, disable .htaccess (rename), and clear the core/cache folder. Does the site work?
        Frogabog- MODX Websites in Portland Oregon
        "Do yourself a favor and get a copy of "MODX - The Official Guide" by Bob Ray. Read it.
        Having server issues? These guys have MODX Hosting perfected - SkyToaster
        • 29 Posts
        Thanks for the answer.

Do you mean clearing the cache from the manager?

I turned off the FURL's, renamed .htaccess and cleared the cache from the manager. Result: the site and the manager don't work at all anymore.
        • No, I meant go into the core/cache folder, and delete all the files inside. The server file manager does this much faster than by FTP.

What's in your .htaccess? Is the site in the root or a subfolder?

How did you upload the extracted files to the server? FTP? If so, go back to the server control panel, upload a fresh copy of 2.2.5 zip, and then extract it on the server. Then copy the files from the extracted folder and merge them with the install files. Typically copy and paste works just fine for this if you're in the file manager on the server.

Make sure the core/cache folder is clear, you've logged out of the manager, and re-run setup.
            Frogabog- MODX Websites in Portland Oregon
            "Do yourself a favor and get a copy of "MODX - The Official Guide" by Bob Ray. Read it.
            Having server issues? These guys have MODX Hosting perfected - SkyToaster
            • 29 Posts
            Thank you Frogabog.

All these operations will take quite a long time. I'll come back to you tomorrow.
              • 29 Posts
              I am back.

It works now! Thanks to you Frogabog. The trick was probably to merge the files.

N.B.- 1. For uploading the files I used the TRANSMIT software to be able to merge the files.
              2. I did not manage to upload the 2.2.5 zip via the ModX server control panel: file too big.
              3. What is the trick to unzip a folder on the server. I did not manage this. I uploaded the different folders of the zip via TRANSMIT.