We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
  • Just upgraded to 2.2.5, and there seems to be a problem with the media source base URL. Previously when selecting a file with the file browser from a media source with an absolute base URL, the base URL was prepended to the file URL. Now it is not, and it doesn't seem to matter how I set the media source settings.

Anyone else have a problem with this? Is there something I'm missing?
    • Please share your media source configuration.

I'm not aware of any currently confirmed issues with media sources, but if there is something wrong, we'll need to squat that for 2.2.6.
        Mark Hamstra • Developer spending his days working on Premium Extras and a MODX Site Dashboard with the ability to remotely upgrade MODX and extras to make the MODX world a little better.

Tweet me @mark_hamstra, check my infrequent blog at markhamstra.com, my slightly more frequent ramblings at MODX.today or see code at Github.
      • Actually, I think I figured out my problem - sorry Mark - I'm using a custom field on my own resource class (part of my Webinex extra) and I don't think I have the field configured correctly to work with media sources. I think it was basically an accident that it was working properly before. Something changed about the way media sources are handled so the field no longer works accidentally - I'll have to figure out how to set it up properly to use the media source settings.

I tried using a TV of type "file" configured to use this media source. It displays the relative URL of the file on the back end, but correctly outputs the full URL on processing.

So anyway, I don't think this is a bug in MODX, I think it's a bug in my extra. I'll fix it.