We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 1,024 Posts
    I ve been trying to follow Menno s tutorial http://designfromwithin.com/blog-webdesign-development/2012/08/28/modx-acl-customize-the-manager-using-access-controls,-user-groups-and-roles/ on ACL. Goal is to give editors limited access to folders.

So I create a user group, add a user. Create an "image" folder under assets, under Media Sources, I create a new media source and set it s basepath to the creates asstes/images/ folder. I update the access permission for this media source and give access to the group where the user belongs to. So far so good, login as that user and i can upload to that folder. According to the video (excellent work Menno) I should now close the media source "Filesystem" by giving access to administrators. Flush all, clear cash, login as user and on upload I get a permission denied. However that is different from whar is shown in the video, which, I believe, I follow by the letter. But probably I am missing something. Any idea s? [ed. note: franklos last edited this post 11 years, 6 months ago.]
    • I've meant to tackle this, but didn't till today when you posted. I'm not getting your error, and I can't see why it would continue to show access denied after displaying access, but I have seen that before (on admin mostly) after modifying policies. Refreshing the tree, or page usually brings everything back to normal. Beyond that, I'd clear the core/cache folder and check to make sure I'm using another browser to check the new media source editor user. I've managed to neglect to check which browser I'm using and log in as a user when I'm already logged in as admin in the same browser in the past.

I did hang up on closing access to the filesystem. And I think I've found something important. I have no media source access policies to choose from. I'm going to take this to another thread, because out of four 2.2.5 sites, none of them have the same media source templates, settings, or policies. All upgraded within the past week and a half, all running just fine otherwise.
        Frogabog- MODX Websites in Portland Oregon
        "Do yourself a favor and get a copy of "MODX - The Official Guide" by Bob Ray. Read it.
        Having server issues? These guys have MODX Hosting perfected - SkyToaster
        • 1,024 Posts
        Clearing the cache is off course something tht is done also as in the tutorial. I notice that as soon as I limite access to the filesystem for the administrator only. It seems that the exception for the editor user no longer works. However in the tutorial it all works.