We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
  • What user is set in the core/config/config.inc.php file? New or old user?
      Frogabog- MODX Websites in Portland Oregon
      "Do yourself a favor and get a copy of "MODX - The Official Guide" by Bob Ray. Read it.
      Having server issues? These guys have MODX Hosting perfected - SkyToaster
      • 21 Posts
      The new user with the account code prefix.
      • You might try re-running setup again. Now that the db user and prefix is correct.
          "Do yourself a favor and get a copy of "MODX - The Official Guide" by Bob Ray. Read it.
          • 21 Posts
          Just tried again: same result. If I run "Upgrade Existing Install", I go right to the Server 500 Error page.

If I run "Advanced Upgrade Install", the fields appear to be prepopulated with the correct information and when I go to "Test database server connection...", I get the "Could not connect to the existing database for upgrade. Check the connection properties and try again." error.
          • discuss.answer
            For kicks and giggles, is your new user granted all permissions for the database?
              • 21 Posts
              Not sure. Will check ... it seems like it, but I'm wondering if there's something weird about the settings. I'm going to go blow out the old user in cPanel (what can it hurt?), reset core/config/config.inc.php and try again ... one last time before going home for the night (it's 11:30 EDT).

Thanks again for your patience.
                • 793 Posts
                Hi all,
                I jump into this thread as my problem deserves the same title "Revo Upgrade Database Issues":

After entering all the details for a 2.2.5-pl setup (with the third option - using an existing database) the click to Install results in a page of dozens of Warnings like this:
                Warning: ZipArchive::extractTo(/www/htdocs/......../core/packages//core/manifest.php) [ziparchive.extractto]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in /www/htdocs/......../core/xpdo/compression/xpdozip.class.php on line 142

Warning: ZipArchive::extractTo(/www/htdocs/......../core/packages//core/modAccessPolicy/698a6284bf6531da10a42644c0d931d5.vehicle) [ziparchive.extractto]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in /www/htdocs/......../core/xpdo/compression/xpdozip.class.php on line 142

Warning: ZipArchive::extractTo(/www/htdocs/......../core/packages//core/modAction/0e422c7cb05fd4a9b9b588df4bcd63e2.vehicle) [ziparchive.extractto]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in /www/htdocs/......../core/xpdo/compression/xpdozip.class.php on line 142

What the heck is that??
                  • 21 Posts
                  Well that seemed to do it. Maybe it was user privileges all along, but I changed the name, changed the password, reset the config.inc.php file in core/config, and now it seems to be working.

Lesson learned — try again, even if you're sure you've done it all correctly. In all the things I did over again, that was the one thing I didn't try changing.

Thank you very much, Frogabog. As my daughter might say, "you rock"!

Cheers and good night — I'll do more complete testing in the morning.

[ed. note: schelling last edited this post 11 years, 6 months ago.]
                    • 21 Posts
                    Ottogal, not sure if I can be of any help, having just worked my brain to mush on this problem. I'm about to mark it as solved, so I'd suggest you start a new thread.