We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 15 Posts
    I love the concept of Formz, but I have 12 problems:
    1. I can't get the email function working properly
    I used the add-on as it comes after installing. It looks like it is caching something, because after clearing the Modx cache and my browser cache, it works OK 1 times, but if I test it again, it is not putting the field place holders in the email.
    This is what I get:
    Sent from [[+formName]] : xxx
    : xx@xxx,xx
    : xxxxxxxxxxx
    : xxxxxxxxx

I checked the Formit call that comes with Formz and that is not caching [[!FormIt?

2. Changing the email tpl
    The email tpl that comes with Formz is not using the email of the sender as "From" but instead the email of the receiver, so you can't use this email to reply and I also would like to the subject field in my form as the subject in the email.
    How can I achieve this?

I hope someone can point me in the right direction, because apart from the above problems, this is the add-on I have been waiting for for a long time!
      • 128 Posts
      1) There was a bug in the script which has now been fixed. I believe to implement you need to update the table. I'm not sure in updating will fix this automatically, I'll ask Andrew(silentworks) to comment.

Also, make sure you're calling the form un-cached
      [[!form]]

2) You need to tell Formit which field name contains the email. This is untested, but I think you can do that by editing the formit call with the following:
      emailFrom=`[[+field#]]`

You'd get [ [+field#] ] from the formz interface.
        I LOVE MODX! | greyskymedia.com
        • 128 Posts
        Confirmed that upgrading will make the necessary database changes in order to fix the label issue.
          • 15 Posts
          Thanks for the replies.
          Yes I noticed that the bug with the email was solved in the latest version, perfect.

I already tried to use the fields for formatting the email as follows:
          &emailSubject=`[[+field3]]`
          &emailFromName=`[[+field1]]`
          &emailFrom=`[[+field2]]`

but I get the following result in the email:
          Subject: Website Contact Form on 2012-11-01

Any idea why the call is not executed?
          Thanks in advance.
            • 128 Posts
            Just confirmed with Andrew that you can't get [ [+field#]] how we want to. Put a ticket in https://github.com/silentworks/formz/issues and Andrew said he'll try to get it in a minor release
              • 305 Posts
              Quote from: greyskymedia at Nov 01, 2012, 04:47 PM
              1) Also, make sure you're calling the form un-cached
              [[!form]]

I had the same issue with Form Z on all 3 of my forms. Version: v.1.0.0 Release: rc3. As quoted above I went directly to each form page, and unchecked "cacheable" under the page settings tab. Resolved my issue as well.

I guess you have to turn of cache for the people who want to fill out the form multiple times. Which happens during testing or multiple submissions. Otherwise, it will not add the label to each of your fields in the e-mail.
                Making the web a better place on site at a time! Dayton Web Design: http://www.dayton-web-design.com/
                • 128 Posts
                That's true... but, I've actually seen the form cache across different machines too, so, another reason to run that uncached
                • I have the same issue, but using the formz template variable. I have the page uncached, but the labels all come up empty on the email.
                    Mat Dave Jones
                    • 197 Posts
                    Hi does anyone have a solution to replying to the sender yet? I have posted a similar issue here if anyone can please help: http://forums.modx.com/thread/95017/
                      Yorkshire UK based hosting provider: https://www.simulant.uk