We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
  • OK, I changed ownership of core/cache to www-data instred of the ftp user. I can clear the error log and entire cache now.
    • ...and all cached output comes back smiley
      • Try turning compress_css and compress_js off. System settings if you can get there, otherwise in the system_settings table, set to 0.

Delete the cache manually, the files in core/cache

Check the workspaces table paths.

for packages, see if you can uninstall one that is minor. If you can't, it's not talking to core/packages properly. For that one, if it persists the only solution I know of is to go through an uninstall and removal process, with perhaps deletion of the expanded package folder if needed. Then, re-download/load from server and reinstall.

Frogabog- MODX Websites in Portland Oregon
          "Do yourself a favor and get a copy of "MODX - The Official Guide" by Bob Ray. Read it.
          Having server issues? These guys have MODX Hosting perfected - SkyToaster
        • I tried it with batcher, and it worked. Apparently only core/cache shows unusual behaviour.

So, site is back to normal, thank you again!
            • 833 Posts
            You seem to be on a VPS or at least have root or privileged access to your server. So, if you login to your server with root access, can you manually empty your cache folder as a root? I you have PLESK for instance, you can do this in your Power Panel. you can also achieve this via SSH.

If all of this fails, I suspect you have a backup of your modx database before you attempted upgrade. This should be your last stop though: I would backup the current database and restore the previous. Upload the previous MODX version files, rerun setup, update packages and try upgrading again.
              A MODx Fanatic
            • Indeed, I have Plesk Poer Panel and SSH access. I used it from time to time, but right now I am happy that the site is back online. Everything seems to run as it should do.

I'll grab a backup right now, just to make sure smiley
                • 833 Posts
                Excellent, glad your site is back online.

Cheers
                  A MODx Fanatic