We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 16 Posts
    hi all,

I got Quip working (kind of), but the background color alternates back and forth from light to dark, and its problematic with my color scheme.
    any idea how to shut this function off and just have one background color?
    also is there a way to get this to work with "articles". i can get it to work in the base template, but then the comments go to every page using that template.
    i have all of the obvious stuff in articles checked off (enable comments etc) but it still doesnt seem to be working.

revo 2.2.-pl
    quip-2.3.2-pl [ed. note: geekster last edited this post 11 years, 6 months ago.]
    • Just check what css classes it's using for each alternating row of comments and make them both use the same style.
        Benjamin Marte
        Interactive Media Developer
        Follow Me on Twitter | Visit my site | Learn MODX
        • 16 Posts
        I'm looking for it. I have the snippet call under my css, but it seems to be getting css info form somewhere else, does quip come with a small css file? because it seems like it does and I cant seem to find it to alter it.

(first revo site:)
        • You'll commonly find the hidden chunks, TV's, and CSS for an extra in the core/components/yourExtra folder. (or assets/components/yourExtra) Click on the Files tab above the resource tree, then navigate to your component's folder. The CSS should be there.

It's good practice to duplicate the file and then reference the new CSS file in the call. That way, you'll not lose your modifications when you upgrade the package. (but at first glance, I'm not seeing a parameter that determines the main CSS - rather there's a number of parameters that you can use to determine the output Id's and classes for various template chunk placeholders - see the documentation).

i.e.

useCss If true, Quip will provide a basic CSS template for the presentation. Default: 1
          altRowCss The CSS class to put on alternating comments. Default: quip-comment-alt
            Frogabog- MODX Websites in Portland Oregon
            "Do yourself a favor and get a copy of "MODX - The Official Guide" by Bob Ray. Read it.
            Having server issues? These guys have MODX Hosting perfected - SkyToaster
            • 16 Posts
            thanks frogabog!

i just couldnt find it at first. it was in assets/compnents/quip/css.