We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 93 Posts
    Hello

This has happened twice now and caused headaches.

I have a Gridserver account with Media Temple - everything usually works fine. However they have twice now moved storage areas which has effected the core-paths for Revolution. All my Evo sites are fine.

They've moved from Cluster 4 Storage 6 to Cluster 4 Storage 3

Following research, I've changed these files to reflect the new path;

config.core.php
    core/config/config.inc.php

and site appears - magic !

However, I can't access the Manager.

It looks like it is still looking for wrong path - here is error

Warning: include_once(/nfs/c04/h06/mnt/59294/domains/djcdesign.co.uk/html/core/model/modx/modx.class.php) [function.include-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /nfs/c04/h03/mnt/59294/domains/djcdesign.co.uk/html/manager/index.php on line 50

Warning: include_once() [function.include]: Failed opening '/nfs/c04/h06/mnt/59294/domains/djcdesign.co.uk/html/core/model/modx/modx.class.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/php-5.3.15/share/pear') in /nfs/c04/h03/mnt/59294/domains/djcdesign.co.uk/html/manager/index.php on line 50

I've checked 'modx.class.php' but can't see anything related to actual core path there.

Any help please?
      • 1,572 Posts
      Try deleting everything in core >> cache
        • 93 Posts
        yeah just tried that on one site - let me delete everything except two folders; 'includes' 'lexicon_topics' - which appear to be empty but my FTP won't delete them

no change to accessing Manager anyways
        • Hello,

You need to run setup again in upgrade mode to correct the problem, and then delete the cache folder as a final precaution.

That should address the immediate problem, however you may want to find out why they keep changing the storage. It sounds like they are having some problems and you may want to increase your backup frequency and/or move to a more MODX friendly host.
            Patrick | Server Wrangler
            About Me: Website | TweetsMODX Hosting
            • 24,544 Posts
            Running Setup again should straighten out the paths, but in case not -- there are four config.core.php files:

 MODX root directory
             /manager/
             /connectors/
             /setup/includes/

Also, check all the paths and URLs in core/config/config.inc.php.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
            PLEASE, PLEASE specify the version of MODX you are using.
            MODX info for everyone: http://bobsguides.com/modx.html
              Did I help you? Buy me a beer
              Get my Book: MODX:The Official Guide
              My MODX Extras
              Bob's Guides is now hosted at A2 MODX Hosting
            • make sure to check package management. There's a path set somewhere that gorks packages when the server path is changed. Packages work, but reinstalls and updates don't. The transport zip is there, but it cant find it. I had to uninstall and reinstall a bunch of packages.
                Frogabog- MODX Websites in Portland Oregon
                "Do yourself a favor and get a copy of "MODX - The Official Guide" by Bob Ray. Read it.
                Having server issues? These guys have MODX Hosting perfected - SkyToaster
                • 93 Posts
                Thanks for your help guys - upgrading setup worked - phew. One site down and two to go. Then tackle Media Temple about issue !
                  • 24,544 Posts
                  Quote from: frogabog at Oct 14, 2012, 04:32 PM
                  make sure to check package management. There's a path set somewhere that gorks packages when the server path is changed. Packages work, but reinstalls and updates don't. The transport zip is there, but it cant find it. I had to uninstall and reinstall a bunch of packages.

It might be the path in the modx_workspaces table.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                  PLEASE, PLEASE specify the version of MODX you are using.
                    Did I help you? Buy me a beer
                    Get my Book: MODX:The Official Guide
                    My MODX Extras
                    Bob's Guides is now hosted at A2 MODX Hosting