We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 793 Posts
    Hi all,
    I've got a weird problem with a local MODX site I upgraded recently from 2.2.2-pl to 2.2.5-pl.
    When I open a TV for editing, or when I create a new TV, I cannot change or choose the type for the TV.
    The hint that the dropdown list is loading flashes up for a second, then nothing.
    What can cause this behaviour?
    In a fresh install of 2.2.5-pl it does not occur.

Thanks for any hints!
    ottogal

Environment:
    Win 7 Home Premium SP1
    Local server (xampp)
    mysql 5.1.41
    php 5.3.1

• Anything in the error log?

If not, open up firebug or your browsers' developer tools before you try to open the dropdown list; there's likely a PHP error in the AJAX request fired off when you open the dropdown.
        Mark Hamstra • Developer spending his days working on Premium Extras and a MODX Site Dashboard with the ability to remotely upgrade MODX and extras to make the MODX world a little better.

Tweet me @mark_hamstra, check my infrequent blog at markhamstra.com, my slightly more frequent ramblings at MODX.today or see code at Github.
        • 793 Posts
        Thank you für your proposal. I found no hints with firebug (but have to admit I'm not very familiar with it).
        Anyway, I dared to transfer the site from local to live (installing a fresh MODX and adding my assets and database) and succeded after I removed a few hurdles - and it works now without showing this bug.
        So it seems something is wrong with my local installation...