We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 11 Posts
    I have the problem too.

[2012-10-23 10:34:01] (ERROR @ /index.php) Could not get table name for class: modFileMediaSource
    [2012-10-23 10:34:01] (ERROR @ /index.php) Could not get table name for class: modFileMediaSource
    [2012-10-23 10:34:11] (ERROR @ /index.php) Could not get table name for class: modFileMediaSource
    [2012-10-23 10:34:11] (ERROR @ /index.php) Could not get table name for class: modFileMediaSource
    [2012-10-23 10:35:55] (ERROR @ /index.php) Could not get table name for class: modFileMediaSource
    [2012-10-23 10:35:55] (ERROR @ /index.php) Could not get table name for class: modFileMediaSource

Fresh install of 2.2.5-pl Traditional. I have installed the following extras through Package Management, but that's pretty much all:

• FormIt 2.1.2
    • getResourceField 1.0.3
    • getResources 1.5.1
    • QuickCrumbs 1.0.0
    • TinyMCE 4.3.3
    • Wayfinder 2.3.3

• 151 Posts
      I don't know about seeing this problem with a brand new fresh install, never seen that, but I have on site migration/upgrades. I have tried all the same things to get it fixed as well.

I did finally get it cleared up however like so:

- do a fresh install of 2.2.5, or version you want
      - after install is successful go to phpmyadmin and drop the default db tables and import the db from the site you want in place
      - copy/paste over all your items in the assets folder minus the components folder
      - double check everything in the config.inc file is correct
      - re-run setup just to make sure it's ok, should be good now
      - log in to the site and go to components and under packages and notice the components that were installed will be listed. however they will not work
      - one by one remove each component, then re-download and re-install each (I do them one at a time so I can keep easy track where I'm at)
      Done

This is not a beautiful solution and would be a big pain if you had dozens of add ons, but you get a fresh install of the newest version and lose the glitches, or at least I do.

Hope this helps smiley
        MODX...the Zen of CMS
        "Bight off more than you can chew and keep right on chewing."
        • 15 Posts
        I have exactly the same problem in 2.2.6.

I cannot get to the bottom of this.