We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 137 Posts
    Hi Guys,

I previously did a modx revo site a year ago all went fine and has been up running ok, just got a call from client saying the main links on the page had disappeared, ive been on the site and the mark up for the links is not being generated by modx (think it was wayfinder?)

I have tried to log into the manager but its now saying the password is incorrect and if I select the forgotten password link none of the emails I am entering are showing as valid???

I can log in to myphp admin and can see the email address under `modx_user_attributes` ??

Very strange any suggestions would be most helpful

Thanks in advanced
    • Wiggy,

If you can login to phpMyAdmin you can change the password on Revo 2.1 following these instructions:

http://rtfm.modx.com/display/revolution20/Resetting+a+User+Password+Manually#ResettingaUserPasswordManually-ResettingPasswordinMODX2.1

I wonder if the host has made changes to the server that has affected how PHP or MySQL is functioning.

Hope you can get it resolved.

Jay
        Author of zero books. Formerly of many strange things. Pairs well with meats. Conversations are magical experiences. He's dangerous around code but a markup magician. BlogTwitterLinkedInGitHub
        • 137 Posts
        Cheers Jay, have tried but still wont login, think it may be a hosting thing as I can login to the database via myphpadmin and the web pages are showing correctly all apart from the modx generated links.

all very strange, is it easy to add a new user from the database to try to login via that?
          • 24,544 Posts
          You can create a user in another install of MODX and cut-and-paste the password-related values into modx_users -- no need to mess with modx_user_attibutes -- the user just won't have a profile.

BTW, try manually deleting all files in the core/cache directory. It could be a corrupted cache file.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          PLEASE, PLEASE specify the version of MODX you are using.
          MODX info for everyone: http://bobsguides.com/modx.html

Did I help you? Buy me a beer
            Get my Book: MODX:The Official Guide
            MODX info for everyone: http://bobsguides.com/modx.html
            My MODX Extras
            Bob's Guides is now hosted at A2 MODX Hosting
          • Before deleting core/cache, you may want to have a look at the error log in core/cache/logs/error.log - there might be some information on what's going on there.

I've seen cases where the users or content table was corrupt and needed to be repaired (easy to do in PHPMA), and you'll definitely see things like that in the error log.
              Mark Hamstra • Developer spending his days working on Premium Extras and a MODX Site Dashboard with the ability to remotely upgrade MODX and extras to make the MODX world a little better.

Tweet me @mark_hamstra, check my infrequent blog at markhamstra.com, my slightly more frequent ramblings at MODX.today or see code at Github.
              • 137 Posts
              Just checked the log error files and have a lot of the following errors??

[2012-08-18 23:13:34] (ERROR in xPDO::connect @ /services3/webpages/c/o/*******.co.uk/public/core/xpdo/xpdo.class.php : 344) SQLSTATE[HY000] [2019] Can't initialize character set ascii (path: /usr/local/share/mysql/charsets/)
              [2012-08-18 23:13:34] (ERROR in xPDO::connect @ /services3/webpages/c/o/c

I think the host has changed there environment somehow, looks like modx is having problems accessing the database, not sure if I should try to update modx to see if this solves the problem?
              • A character set of "ascii"? That's.. er.. interesting.

I'd check the charset which is set in your config file (core/config/config.inc.php), and fix it if it says ascii there. If it looks fine in the config file it may be something that's happened on the mysql server where your database got a different charset which is weird..
                  Mark Hamstra • Developer spending his days working on Premium Extras and a MODX Site Dashboard with the ability to remotely upgrade MODX and extras to make the MODX world a little better.

Tweet me @mark_hamstra, check my infrequent blog at markhamstra.com, my slightly more frequent ramblings at MODX.today or see code at Github.
                  • 137 Posts
                  @Mark that was the problem changes the charset to latin1 and now all works fine, just done know how it managed to change to ascii....very strange, the version of Revo is 2.1.3.pl

Again many thanks for your help smiley