We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 29 Posts
    Yes, I can but cannot find anything about database permissions
    • There should be something there to access/create databases. In there, you should find a way to create users and add them as a user to your databases. Edit the user to set the permissions. Set them to ALL.
        Frogabog- MODX Websites in Portland Oregon
        "Do yourself a favor and get a copy of "MODX - The Official Guide" by Bob Ray. Read it.
        Having server issues? These guys have MODX Hosting perfected - SkyToaster
        • 29 Posts
        I cannot find anything like it (about permissions). See attachment (sorry it's in French)
        • Somewhere in there, you'll find access to users and their associations to your databases. Click them all and look through. Maybe in the Recréation de la Base, or the Commander Option SQL.

Other than that, a call to your host will be far more informative.
            Frogabog- MODX Websites in Portland Oregon
            "Do yourself a favor and get a copy of "MODX - The Official Guide" by Bob Ray. Read it.
            Having server issues? These guys have MODX Hosting perfected - SkyToaster
            • 29 Posts
            Hello Frogabog,

Sorry for coming back after such a long time, but I had a lot of work in the meantime.

I contacted the host but he says that the problem is not with them, but with MODX (in the meantime I upgraded to 2.2.5).

The strange thing is that if I upload a php or html file with Arabic (and other non latine) characters from Dremweaver, the texts are shown correctly in the browser. With MODX I get only question marks. And the texts written in Arabic in the MODX panel turns also to question marks after reloading.

Could you try it from your MODX manager? [ed. note: etelka1 last edited this post 11 years, 6 months ago.]
              • 29 Posts
              The solution was found with the help of the French MODX forum.

The magic formula is:

ALTER TABLE tbl_name CONVERT TO CHARACTER SET utf8 COLLATE utf8_general_ci;

to be applied on the table XXX_site_content in MySQL

It allows the writing of Arabic characters in the manager and in the browser product.