We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
  • Hello Wise People,

I've been given the task of administering a long neglected Non-Profit support group's website. The static site is being served now by MODX with little or nothing changed other than the fact that each page is it's own template. All four of them. I'm working on developing a functional site appropriate for their needs. Of course, for free unless they can get some kind of donation to pay me.

The site focuses on supporting those affected by suicide. I would like to create a gallery where site users can submit images, stories, or names for inclusion in a memorial page. Due to the sensitivity of this kind of public display, I would like to allow users to be able to remove submitted images, stories, or names without having to wait for administrator approval. Submissions would absolutely have to be approved before inclusion.

I know this has to be possible with MODX, although I don't know exactly how to produce it. If there are any bright ideas out there, I'm all ears. And thank you for any help. My only brother will likely be the first image and story on this page.

Kori
      Frogabog- MODX Websites in Portland Oregon
      "Do yourself a favor and get a copy of "MODX - The Official Guide" by Bob Ray. Read it.
      Having server issues? These guys have MODX Hosting perfected - SkyToaster
      • 91 Posts
      Would that be a wise move? If I understand correctly, you are effectively looking for a button that any visitor could click to delete part of your website. Wouldn't that be open to abuse?

Surely it would be enough to have a message on the page saying that anyone objecting to something being shown on the page can email the webmaster/mistress and it will be promptly removed.
      • Well no, not just any user. It'd be a special site member who has access to their own page's content, I suppose. The objection, I assume wouldn't come from anonymous users expecting the site to cease and desist, but rather through the person who submitted (I'm imagining some family member being upset and telling the submitter).

Which I think answered my own question, in that I'd need to make a front end management page for those members since ideally they should also manage their own text. Sounds like a lot of work, and also why I told them that kind of system would be too much work, heh... Probably easier to get the org to dedicate one person who manages this section.
          Frogabog- MODX Websites in Portland Oregon
          "Do yourself a favor and get a copy of "MODX - The Official Guide" by Bob Ray. Read it.
          Having server issues? These guys have MODX Hosting perfected - SkyToaster