We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 24 Posts
    Hi, I am trying to set a gallery system that would be unique for each user (they would see only their own gallery)

I have a MIGX TV linked to a custom resource called galleries: assets>galleries. Then I have another media source linking to a gallery within that structure: assets>galleries>gallery1

It works for the parent source (Galleries) but not a parent media source (galleries > assets>galleries) and child source (user galleries > assets>galleries>gallery1).

I give access to the member group to galleries with a view permission, then give upload permissions to the user for gallery1.

On the user end, they can see the galleries and their own, but if they choose their gallery, the thumbnails are broken. They can upload and select a new item in the right gallery but it switches back to the galleries level without selecting the newly uploaded item.

I have read http://forums.modx.com/thread/78671/custom-mediasource-not-working#dis-post-437511 but I am not sure where I should go to set those properties up.

I am sure I just missed something really simple, but I cannot seem to find it. Thanks!