We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 2 Posts
    Building a site, about my 15th with modx.... 2.2.4pl

google dashboard wasn't working for me, so i uninstalled, and then installed big brother to give that a try. as soon as it completed sucessfully. i went to the dashboard, and now i get this message when trying to go to the manager after putting in login info.

Fatal error: Call to a member function setNamespace() on a non-object in core/model/modx/moddashboardwidget.class.php on line 104

i've cleared browser cache, used diffrent browsers, and computers. cleared out core/cache. even went so far to delete bigbrother manual via ftp from core / pakages and core/componets.
    tried to overwrite moddashboardwidget.class.php with a older on from before big brother.
    tried to do a upgrade install. all to no avail.

lines 103-105 of moddashboardwidget.class.php are

if (!empty($namespace)) {
                $widget->setNamespace($namespace);
            }

i have no idea what to try next

or is there a way to do a fresh install while using the same sql database? so i dont lose all the work i've done today. I've done a full server and sql data base back up.

Anyone out there with idea's?

This question has been answered by acidic2. See the first response.

• discuss.answer
      • 2 Posts
      hell,

figure i would see if i could delete bigbrother from the sql via phpmyadmin. saw an entry called modx_dashboard widget with data for a big brother and google analytic. as soon as i deleted both, site let me log back in. YAY....
        • 58 Posts
        Quote from: acidic2 at Sep 20, 2012, 05:22 AM
        hell,

figure i would see if i could delete bigbrother from the sql via phpmyadmin. saw an entry called modx_dashboard widget with data for a big brother and google analytic. as soon as i deleted both, site let me log back in. YAY....

Thanks! This also worked for me. If you're not so familiar with the process:

1. Go into phpmyadmin via CPanel
        2. Look for a table called modx_dashboard_widget in the MODX database (Alt: just search on 'modx_dashboard_widget' in the phpmyadmin search)
        3. Delete any big brother or google analytics entries.

Hope this helps someone smiley
          • 247 Posts
          Thanks acidic2, craigphiz,

this helped me immensely. I accidentally deleted my entire core dir, instead of cache (late working, tired head). It was a dev copy of a live site, so I just copied the core dir across from the live site, after emptying its cache dir.

When I tried to refresh the manager page I got "Fatal error: Call to a member function setNamespace() on a non-object in".

I followed your instructions here and voila! Sorted!

I guess I must have installed the extras in the live site but not the dev site, resulting in their absence in the database.

Thanks.

v 2.3.5 btw