We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 33 Posts
    I have a 4 year old website which is build with modx evolution.

Now i want to build a new website with the latest modx revolution.

This new website should replace the old one, but in my build process i want to keep my old website running.

What is the best way to do?

my root structure is:

/www/modx/manager

what will happen if i install the new manager as:

/www/manager
      • 24,544 Posts
      They won't both run in the same directory (and the site structure would be a mess even if they could). You could put the Revo site in a subdirectory and move it once it's working (or just point the server to the new location), or you could install Revo on localhost with XAMPP or something similar and move it to the server when it's ready (after backing up the Evo site).

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      PLEASE, PLEASE specify the version of MODX you are using.
      MODX info for everyone: http://bobsguides.com/modx.html
        Did I help you? Buy me a beer
        Get my Book: MODX:The Official Guide
        MODX info for everyone: http://bobsguides.com/modx.html
        My MODX Extras
        Bob's Guides is now hosted at A2 MODX Hosting
        • 7 Posts
        I am attempting something similar as deTuiman, as a start/trial I am following BobRays advise. Localhost install and test. WAMP, Mysql 5.1.53, PHP 5.3.4, Apache 2.2.17, Win 7 Home Prem.SP1

After 4th download of Revo 2.2.5 and install, still only get to log into Manager point then getting a php error: See below.. I am not a site builder by training, so do not have a clue where to look. No similar posts on the forum I can see. Two things concern me, the download extracts to a modx-2.2.5-pl folder, My Evo has these files/folders in the site folder not a subfolder so I moved them up a folder to the new/second site root. MY phpMyAdmin show a Modx Database of 42 tables as well as my site DB, is the Revo going to overwrite this Evo install? OR is the DB modx uses for Rev the same as Evo? These might seem simple but to someone installing from the Modx site and instructions it isn't. Help always appreciated here! Error: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in C:\wamp\www\etc\etc\manager\controllers\default\dashboardwidget.modx-security.php on line 25 followed by a list of functions and locations. I have tried installing with firefox and IE7 [ed. note: jawhite48 last edited this post 11 years, 5 months ago.]