We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 204 Posts
    Recently showing someone how to use the gallery (Easy 2 Gallery 1.4.10-rc4) in their IE8, and ran into a problem. When we tried to view Files via the admin panel, we were not able to see any files, only the animated loading icon. I also tried it out on another PC, and had the same problem.
    The front end works and looks fine.

IE8 gave this possible error:
    Message: Could not complete the operation due to error c00ce56e.
    Line: 262 Char: 29 Code: 0
    URI: h ttp://www.bla bla.com/manager/index.php?a=112&id=2&e2gpg=2

Anyone else experience this or know what is going on?
    Any help would be much appreciated.
    • Does it work in another browser?

If so, how hard would it be to convince this person to release themselves from IE and use something else? That'd probably be the easiest solution.

I know, often the answer to this question is... impossible. But it looks like more and more are turning. According to WC3, IE's down to 16.2%. I wonder how low it'll go? There's always going to be people who refuse to even look at another browser.

Chrome's up to a whopping 43.7%. Last time IE saw 43% was in March 2009. Back when Chrome had 4%. Not really so long ago. FF is falling too. Looks like all them IE users jumped ship, swam directly to Chrome and picked up some FF buddies on the way.
        Frogabog- MODX Websites in Portland Oregon
        "Do yourself a favor and get a copy of "MODX - The Official Guide" by Bob Ray. Read it.
        Having server issues? These guys have MODX Hosting perfected - SkyToaster
        • 204 Posts
        Yes, it works fine in other modern browsers.
        Yes, IE needs to be doused in gasoline and have a match tossed on it, but for none technical clients, most are afraid to try anything that wasn't bundled with window or is different from what they are used to. Which sadly, is most of them.
          • 589 Posts
          Quote from: islander at Sep 14, 2012, 09:58 AM
          Yes, IE needs to be doused in gasoline and have a match tossed on it, but for none technical clients, most are afraid to try anything that wasn't bundled with window or is different from what they are used to. Which sadly, is most of them.

Then make them install Chrome Frame:
          http://www.webiny.com/blog/2012/07/05/ie-is-bothering-you-google-chrome-frame-to-the-rescue/
            • 204 Posts
            Thanks Eoler, the Chrome Frame sounded like a great idea, and I had hoped that this would solve the problem, but sadly the problem continues.

Has anyone else tried the galleries admin in IE? I dont have 9, so I cant say what it does there.
            • Ehmm...

What does the Developer Tools say?
                Rico
                Genius is one percent inspiration and ninety-nine percent perspiration. Thomas A. Edison
                MODx is great, but knowing how to use it well makes it perfect!

www.virtudraft.com

Security, security, security! | Indonesian MODx Forum | MODx Revo's cheatsheets | MODx Evo's cheatsheets

Author of Easy 2 Gallery 1.4.x, PHPTidy, spieFeed, FileDownload R, Upload To Users CMP, Inherit Template TV, LexRating, ExerPlan, Lingua, virtuNewsletter, Grid Class Key, SmartTag, prevNext

Maintainter/contributor of Babel

Because it's hard to follow all topics on the forum, PING ME ON TWITTER @_goldsky if you need my help.