We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
  • Hi, I recently moved my Modx site to a new server and a VERY odd thing is happening... while the site works perfectly fine, and I can edit all resources, when I go to edit the templates the field is blank! I have cleared the cache manually, but no luck. The data is obviously being utilized and is still in the database, but the template content simply won't show in the manager. My server tech said he changed all the files to be editable by modx.

Anyone know what could be causing this? We go live in a few days, so I'm a bit crunched to get this solved. Thanks for any help you can give me!
      Ben Morrison
      Hacking templates to pieces since 2003
      • 24,544 Posts
      Try turning off the compress_css and compress_js System Settings.

Then, try deleting all files in the core/cache directory, clearing your browser cache and cookies, then running Setup.

If that doesn't do it, maybe the category of the templates doesn't exist. I know that will keep property sets from showing up in the grid and maybe it affects Templates as well. You can look at the modx_site_templates table in PhpMyAdmin, check the category field, and see if a category with that ID actually exists in the Elements tree in the Manager.

Another possibility is that your date/timezone settings (modx, MySQL, PHP) don't match. That can cause problems with Templates, though I haven't seen a report of your particular problem.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      PLEASE, PLEASE specify the version of MODX you are using.
      MODX info for everyone: http://bobsguides.com/modx.html
        Did I help you? Buy me a beer
        Get my Book: MODX:The Official Guide
        MODX info for everyone: http://bobsguides.com/modx.html
        My MODX Extras
        Bob's Guides is now hosted at A2 MODX Hosting