We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 13 Posts
    my server just upgraded to php 5.3.15 - modx 1.0.6 - but, same issues across all versions

-in manager, edit page/tinymce. save. re-open edit page, edits are not saved. go to preview page, edits are showing. wait 30 seconds go back to edit page in manager and edits are now showing.
    - attempt to access manager from front end, user is logged out.
    - preview from edit page in manager, user is logged out.
    - saving edits in manager causes all child files in the menu taxonomy to close under the parent (usual they stay displayed).
    - issues do not occur every time - but, almost.

also, had issues with magic_quotes. turned on by default in a shared hosting environment. support suggested the following fix:

manager/index.php

line 87:
    if (version_compare(phpversion(), "5.3") < 0) {
    @set_magic_quotes_runtime(0);

change to:
    if (version_compare(phpversion(), "5.4") < 0) {
    @set_magic_quotes_runtime(0);

it works for the magic_quote issue - but is this impacting something else?

appreciate your thoughts.
      • 24,544 Posts
      Updates to PHP 5.3 are throwing a lot of E_NOTICE, E_DEPRECATED, and sometimes E_STRICT warnings for some extras and maybe MODX itself.

Check the error log for specifics. You can turn them off with a line in a php.ini file in the MODX root:

error_reporting = E_ALL & ~E_NOTICE & ~E_STRICT & ~E_DEPRECATED

You might want to leave E_DEPRECATED on, though, because using deprecated functions could actually break something.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      PLEASE, PLEASE specify the version of MODX you are using.
      MODX info for everyone: http://bobsguides.com/modx.html
        Did I help you? Buy me a beer
        Get my Book: MODX:The Official Guide
        MODX info for everyone: http://bobsguides.com/modx.html
        My MODX Extras
        Bob's Guides is now hosted at A2 MODX Hosting