We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
  • I'm trying to move/copy a database to localhost (testing the move to local before I try to move the site to my server) with phpMyAdmin but when I attempt to import the compressed file, I get this error:

Error

SQL query:

-- phpMyAdmin SQL Dump
    -- version 2.8.0.1
    -- http://www.phpmyadmin.net
    --
    -- Host: custsql-sl06.eigbox.net
    -- Generation Time: Aug 28, 2012 at 03:38 PM
    -- Server version: 5.0.91
    -- PHP Version: 4.4.9
    --
    -- Database: `mdx_joh2m1ndc7`
    --
    CREATE DATABASE `mdx_joh2m1ndc7` DEFAULT CHARACTER SET ;

MySQL said: Documentation
    #1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '' at line 12

I'd also like to know if dumping a database in phpMyAdmin typically occurs in less than a second to completely download the file, or if this is just too fast to deem a reliable dump. Haven't moved or dumped a lot of DB's so far, so I don't know if this is normal behavior or if the server is again... stupid.

Thanks,

Kori

Edit: There was an exclamation point displayed next to the Server Version 5.0.91 in phpMyAdmin error page, it didn't copy through here. I don't know what that means. [ed. note: frogabog last edited this post 11 years, 8 months ago.]
      Frogabog- MODX Websites in Portland Oregon
      "Do yourself a favor and get a copy of "MODX - The Official Guide" by Bob Ray. Read it.
      Having server issues? These guys have MODX Hosting perfected - SkyToaster
    • Here's the info from local. Server Version is clearly different. Why would that matter?

Apache/2.2.21 (Win32) mod_ssl/2.2.21 OpenSSL/1.0.0e PHP/5.3.8 mod_perl/2.0.4 Perl/v5.10.1
      MySQL client version: mysqlnd 5.0.8-dev - 20102224 - $Revision: 310735 $
      PHP extension: mysql

Server: localhost via TCP/IP
      Server version: 5.5.16
      Protocol version: 10
      User: root@localhost
      MySQL charset: UTF-8 Unicode (utf8)
        "Do yourself a favor and get a copy of "MODX - The Official Guide" by Bob Ray. Read it.
      • I got this to work. It finally gave me a user pw error, and I can work with that.