We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 13 Posts
    Hi all!

I am using a TemplateVariable with the "image" input and output. Now the following problem occur when editing a resource:

When choosing an image, a "popup" appears where I can select the image to be inserted. However, when chosen the image and when I click on "OK", the entire tab/window will be closed..

Someone any idea to solve this?

Thanks!
    • Yay! Someone else with the same problem. I'm experiencing this at MODX Cloud. So far, I haven't had time to mess with it and support can't duplicate it.

I don't have a solution, sorry. I'm gorked at Cloud due to this on all the installs. Really odd huh?

Can you tell us more about your environment?
        Frogabog- MODX Websites in Portland Oregon
        "Do yourself a favor and get a copy of "MODX - The Official Guide" by Bob Ray. Read it.
        Having server issues? These guys have MODX Hosting perfected - SkyToaster
        • 13 Posts
        Hi
        I am also experience it using MODX Cloud. So I will post this on the MODX Cloud Forum.
        If someone knows the solution, please feel welcome to share smiley
        • Use the "Help" button at Cloud, submit a ticket. I've already notified them that another is seeing this.

So to clarify, this isn't happening outside of MODX Cloud, right?
            "Do yourself a favor and get a copy of "MODX - The Official Guide" by Bob Ray. Read it.
            • 13 Posts
            I tested it on another MODX project. There are no problems outside Cloud with this wink
            • Same here. I can't replicate the issue outside of Cloud either.
              • I'm just getting normal image selection behavior, in Cloud or anywhere else.

Select image, click OK, and the popup closes and the image thumbnail is there below the path in the TV editing area.

Oops... on a different Cloud it crashes the Manager and boots me right back to the Cloud interface where I came in from! However, if I come in from a browser bookmark or directly entering the Manager URL in the browser, then it's fine. So it looks like this happens if you come in from the "Manager" link in the Cloud interface. [ed. note: sottwell last edited this post 11 years, 8 months ago.]
                  Studying MODX in the desert - http://sottwell.com
                  Tips and Tricks from the MODX Forums and Slack Channels - http://modxcookbook.com
                  Join the Slack Community - http://modx.org
                  • 13 Posts
                  That's strange..

In Cloud I use: 2.2.4-pl (traditional) --> Select image, click OK, window/tab closes
                  Outside Cloud I use: 2.2.4-pl (traditional) --> Select image, click OK, Popup closes, and image thumbnail is there below

In cloud I tried it within two MODX projects.
                  • I've installed 4 Clouds that all do this, I can't get past inserting an image on any of them. It just closes the tab right down. Both Chrome and FF do this.

Problem is, Cloud Support can't duplicate it. It seems my Cloud installs work fine for others. All my other installs work fine. I've checked localhost with a new install, and all my served sites as well. It's only happening on the Cloud installs.
                      • 13 Posts
                      @sottwell:

It only happens to me as well when entering the Manager from the MODX Cloud link.