We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 119 Posts
    Dear all,

Working with Revo 2.2.4, hosted on Apache/2.2.22 (FreeBSD) mod_ssl/2.2.22 OpenSSL/1.0.1c mod_hcgi/0.9.4 DAV/2

Thumbnails in the MODX Web/File Browser are not generated.

Error Log:
     [2012-08-25 18:21:04] (ERROR @ /connectors/system/phpthumb.php) phpThumb was unable to generate a thumbnail for: /home/crictor/www/45football.com/core/cache/phpthumb/phpThumb_cache_45football.com_src23001b90ff1760a5f9cad1d0d2be4db7_parbdd2948a60497f608b38b93c0473a2d2_dat1345208959.jpeg
    [2012-08-25 18:21:04] (ERROR @ /connectors/system/phpthumb.php) Error outputting thumbnail:
    OutputThumbnail() failed because !is_resource($this->gdimg_output) in file "phpthumb.class.php" on line 557

Server Response:
    Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 500 (Internal Server Error) 

Can anyone please point me in the direction where I can find the solution?

Thank you very much.
    Fabian

This question has been answered by hamada. See the first response.

• 64 Posts
      I have the very same problem.

I'm using MIGX with a custom media source. Inside the MIGX popup view the thumbnails render fine. But on the main page they doesn't. When investigation the HTML output I could see that inside the MIGX-tv, phpthumb appends "&source=4" after the image extension. I guess that is my custom media source. On the main page it doesn't append anything after the extension. Is that what cause our problem?
      • Did you ever find a solution to this? Have a site where this is happening randomly, ie. most of the time everything is ok but at random the resource page freezes during image upload. This is happening more and more frequently. Not when a resource is created the first time but when it is edited at a later stage. I get exactly the same error code. Thanks!
        • discuss.answer
          • 21 Posts
          A bug that hase been solved under:
          https://github.com/modxcms/revolution/pull/104

Just go to System Settings > core > phpThumb
          and change phpthumb_document_root according to your base dir. [ed. note: hamada last edited this post 10 years, 2 months ago.]