We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 141 Posts
    Ahh ok yes that makes sense now, thank you. I'm not sure however how I can get fuzzicallogic code to work this way though.
      • 483 Posts
      LOL. I work the code for however it needs to be. There are lots of simple solutions for nearly everything in MODx. It's all based on your own flavor. If you need an adjustment to the code, all you have to do is let me know. smiley
        Website: Extended Dialog Development Blog: on Extended Dialog
        Add-ons: AJAX Revolution, RO.IDEs Editor & Framework (in works) Utilities: Plugin Compatibility List
        Tutorials: Create Cross-Context Resources, Cross-Context AJAX Login, Template-Based Actions, Remove Extensions from URLs

Failure is just another word for saying you didn't want to try. "It can't be done" means "I don't know how".
        • 141 Posts
        Hi Fuzzical Logic,

Thank you for all the assistance, it was invaluable and I now feel confident that I can create a web version of my pages without the duplication issue.

One thing I have noticed is that the pages don't seem to cache, or more acurately it's just the one page that caches (in my case the page "mobile.htm")

Is this due to the inherent dynamic nature of the way this works? [ed. note: antsplace last edited this post 11 years, 8 months ago.]
          • 483 Posts
          Yes. It also depends on your caching system. Making your queries as simple as possible is a real key. That's why it passes the "parent", so you don't have to search for it.

A different caching system might help with this. It behaves like a static URL, so it should be cacheable given the right system. I'm not toying with caching on my site, so I don't have any feedback for that.

On that same note: Most of my pages load pretty quickly if I don't load CSS and JS, but this is because of my unique CSS and JS development engine. So keeping your queries simple will avoid having to worry about caching too much. Again, this might be affected by your current caching. I have about 2000 resources on my site all with dynamic compounded aliasing... The only pages that are slow are full pages. Once the site is production and I'm able to "flatten" the files, my loads should be nil.

(When I say compound aliasing I mean http.://any.domain.tld/path/site-alias/resource/template-action/ajax-alias/param1/param2/etc... Under my system, this URL would be an AJAX template action with parameters accessible to any subdomain context. This is way more than the vast majority of sites need.) [ed. note: fuzzicallogic last edited this post 11 years, 8 months ago.]
            Website: Extended Dialog Development Blog: on Extended Dialog
            Add-ons: AJAX Revolution, RO.IDEs Editor & Framework (in works) Utilities: Plugin Compatibility List
            Tutorials: Create Cross-Context Resources, Cross-Context AJAX Login, Template-Based Actions, Remove Extensions from URLs

Failure is just another word for saying you didn't want to try. "It can't be done" means "I don't know how".