We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 268 Posts
    HI,

Trying again to fully understand Babel I followed the tuto from:
    http://designfromwithin.com/blog-webdesign-development/2012/01/12/modx-multilingual-setting-up-babel-and-have-a-website-with-multible-languages/

but had some issues so I finally uninstalled Babel and suppressed the second context (EN) (defaut: web for FR ) - so the test pages for english it was containing were gone with it -

then rebuild all the stuff. Now everything looks ok except the initial translation link remains for the home page 'somewhere' set to a previous english pages (deleted).

So, in the manager, editing my default home page I have a babel translation button (french + english), click on English returns «ID "63" is not a valid Id» (normal it does not exist any more).

It's not possible to unlink neither as it returns a similar error.
    How can I clean this mess up ?
    (I did not find anything in the db)

thank you
      • 268 Posts
      I made it with a hammer method.

Finally found a few occurence of "web:6;en:63" in the modx_site_tmplvar_contentvalues table. representing the translation association for the home page. and changed them into web:6;en:69. Now the babel buttons are ok.
      Babel links are ok too.

How ever i always got a 404 error for the english pages (even doing a preview this ..) from the manager (from babel links or typing manually with a trailing /en/