We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 1 Posts
    Hi there,

I'm running MODX Revolution 2.2.4-pl with Wayfinder 2.3.3-pl and Babel 2.2.5-pl. Theres only one page template with these snippets, the depending chunks and variables exists:
    <ul>
    [[BabelLinks? &showCurrent=`0`&tpl=`babelLink`]]
    <li class=""><a href="[[~[[++impressumId]]]]" title="[[++impressum]]">[[++impressum]]</a></li>
    </ul>

[[Wayfinder? &startId=`0` &level=`2` &hereClass=`selected` &outerTpl=`wf_main_outerTpl` &rowTpl=`wf_main_rowTpl` &parentRowTpl=`wf_main_parentRowTpl` &innerTpl=`wf_main_innerTpl` &innerRowTpl=`wf_main_innerRowTpl`]]

But I have a very strange behavior: If I clear the cache and open a page with IE6, the Babel-Link isnt rendered (attributes ignored) and Wayfinder returns code without using the specified templates/chunks (especially outerTpl is empty). If I open that cached site with Firefox it is also wrong. Now I open another page with Firefox and everything is fine, even if I open that (first with FF requested, cached) site with IE6.
    If I turn around and clear the cache another time and open a page with FF its also fine with IE6. So it seems to me that ModX or Wayfinder/Babel have a browser-specific behavior for rendering pages by ignoring the attributes?!

It is not a problem with interpreting the rendered sourcecode by different browsers, I do get different html output depending on what browser first requested the page! And also using different ways of accessing internet (PC with wired account and iPhone using 3G) without a chance to have a bad proxy wont change that behavior. I've also tried different ways of dividing the snippetcall-attributes with spaces or not without success.

So any idea what I've made wrong or where the error could be?