We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 131 Posts
    Hi,
    I've been using Mediasources on MODx 2.2.4 (Filesystem, Amazon S3 & Dropbox) and it's working great.
    I hope that sooner it will also integrate it into google drive. Has anyone try this?

Thanks
      • 10 Posts
      I was searching for a Google Drive integration and the only thing I found was this post.

@alyainec: did you find a solution?

Thanks
        • 29 Posts
        Yesterday I visited the MODXpo in Utrecht where Ryan Thrash and Kevin Marvin gave a peak into the future of MODX. Media Source connectors for cloud drives, including Google Drive, are definitely on the wanted list. Pretty high even, so we should be seeing new possibilities open up quite soon.
          A computer program is a utilitarian typographer's dream - a functioning machine composed completely of type. (John Maeda)
          • 128 Posts
          We have build one CusomMediaSource so long, we have connected MODx with ResourceSpace its an early alpha so long but listing all the Collections in the Folterlist and their Items in the Resourcelist. In the MediaSource configuration, we used the image base path for selecting which imagesize is needed. The imagesizes are defined in resourceSpace and automatically generated.
            • 128 Posts
            I thought alot about this... and yesterday evening I started with an GoogleDrive Mediasource Connector, its easy to receive Files and Directories.

The only two things that could be some harder will be that it will need an processor as gateway to download and Cache the Files, and only clear and refresh the cache wenn an active token is available.

And the OAuth Autorisation. I am not shure if its possible that when opening the Mediaresource-Browser an Javascript Popup is possible to handle an outdated authorisation-token. Maybe it has to be placed anywhere else... for example on the Dashboard or an CMP.
              • 10 Posts
              This is good news. Just had a quick look at ResourceSpace - seems to be interesting. Whenever you figure out how to deal with the Google Drive problems, I'll be happy to get an update.
                • 128 Posts
                So its an early development release, but i installed it on 2 systems and it still works. It`s based on the S3 ResourceType. If y want to test it, try it.

This package adds an MediaResourceType for the Google Drive.
                Its possible to browse, download, delete and of course select files.

Well, lets see how it will go on.
                  • 131 Posts
                  Hi m.engel,
                  I will try this and will let you give you some feedbacks
                  Thanks for sharing...
                    • 131 Posts
                    Hi m.engel,
                    I will try this and will let you give you some feedbacks
                    Thanks for sharing...
                      • 131 Posts
                      Hi m.enegl,
                      Do i need to setup my google API accounts before i can install this pugin?