We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 57 Posts
    is there any add-on that support selling digital goods ?
    • Yasirhaleem,

Currently there is not direct add on for supporting the selling of digital goods, however their is FoxyCart. The solution is easy to install is extremely straight forward and integrates nicely with MODX Revo and Evo.

FoxyCart can address:

• Shopping Cart
      • Merchant Process
      • Checkout
      • Electronic Delivery of your Digital Product

But most important of all it is extremely affordable.
        • 57 Posts
        Exceleron,

Thank you very much for the reply, i know about foxycart though never used because its not FREE smiley

Modx is old now and i'm amazed that there is no ecommerce add on that supports downloadable products sad

Thanks
        Yasir

• Yasir,

I understand but it is important to understand a few things.

1: Maintaining an effective and high quality e-commerce solution is both costly and requires continued updating and managing. To be honest that is not current MODX focus as I understand it.

2: The cost for maintaining a FoxyCart account is low: $19 per month. Which for all the resources they put behind it is just amazing.

3: Finally if the concern it the $19.00 a month the question that I would asked if $19.00 would hurt your sales does it make sense to develop an e-commerce solution at all.

No Yasir if you need help getting started on FoxyCart just let me know. My firm has fallen in love with this little e-commerce platform and I can't say a single thing bad about it.