We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 61 Posts
    I've hit some limitations caused by the WYSIWYG editor used. Things like linking to URLs in the rest of the site using the site search as a shortcut and being able to use a drop box to select that links should open in a new window are the biggest difficulties for my application.

Is there a way to further configure the editor or to switch it for the TinyMCE configuration commonly used in the 'Content' area of the site?
      • 61 Posts
      For anyone playing along at home, I got around the 'open in new window' but calling the content with a [[+fieldname:replace=`<a href==<a target="_blank" href`]]. The only possible draw back is that all links will now open in a new window (fine for my current application but won't suit everybody).
      • Josh, can you be more specific on your use of the linking to existing resources are you just talking about within the event description and not the other form field for link?

I've been thinking about the TInyMCE, so I'll be giving that a review for integration as well.
          Evo Revo // Ubuntu, CentOS, Win // Apache 2x, Lighttp (Lighty)
          Visit CharlesMx.com for latest news and status updates.
          • 61 Posts
          Sure thing.

I was thinking in terms of the ability to link to pages within the site that comes with TinyMCE. I'm talking within the 'Description' here and not within the 'Link' tab.

If I add a new link and enter it in the form '[[~123]]' that gets broken so I need to link by URL within the site. Once it's possible to do that, the TinyMCE ability to search for a page within the link box to get its ID shortcut link just makes it all a bit quicker and nicer to work with.

TinyMCE would bring all these things with it I guess.

Thanks for your interest Charles. I'm really enjoying MXCalendar!