We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 73 Posts
    I have modx site with multiple subdomains. for a development purpose i want to create dev environment on my localhost with windows 7 and wamp. i want to set subdomains like sub.mysite.com, sub1.mysite.com. I know how to create virtual subdomains which maps to different directories, How can i map my subdomains to modx subdomains ? is it possible with modx ?
      • 87 Posts
      I don't fully understand the question.

If you want separate MODx sites on these sub-domains but within the same MODx install you can create a different context for each sub domain.

Take a look at this (it might actually be what you are after): http://rtfm.modx.com/display/revolution20/Creating+a+Subdomain+from+a+Folder+using+Virtual+Hosts
        • 73 Posts
        Ohh i am sorry my question was not that much descriptive. Let me explain again, I have live site running which contains multiple sub-domains (6-7) like sub1.sitename.com, sub2.sitename.com. Now i moved it to localhost for some development purpose and now i want to make it work on localhost with all subdomains. so in this case how can i see page for "sub1.sitename.com" when i enter sub1.localhost in browser.
        I think i have to mal my "localhost" to some "dummySiteName.com" using apache, then i have to make changes to contexts setting.
        Actually my manager panel isnt working (core/model/modx/processors/system/registry/register/read.php does not exist) so i cant check if it works or not, so i am asking and confirming if this will work or not...Thanks in advance.
        • This works on live servers so you might get it working by changing your host file on your pc to direct to your localhost for the sub domain.

http://www.belafontecode.com/how-to-host-multiple-sub-domains-on-modx-revolution/
            Benjamin Marte
            Interactive Media Developer
            Follow Me on Twitter | Visit my site | Learn MODX