We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
  • I'm on 2.2.0-pl2 of modX and working great so far. However, when I have to create a new context for a new domain, I can't see it in the list despite of it's existed in the database (weird?)

I did an upgrade to 2.2.4-pl to see whether it'll be okay but it's still there no-go, more severe that my ajax searching and ajax loading content also broke after upgrading.

All the way down, am I expecting reinstall and config anything AGAIN?

• and FGS, I even didnt receive any msgs from the error log. At the moment, duplicate the context worked (which will "create" the context normally). I dont know what sort of this problem is.
      • After clear cache, in the console I got this:
        "Principal 1 does not have permission to load object of class modContext with primary key: newcontext"

So what I have to do with permissions while I'm an admin of the system?
        • I really hope someone can help me solve this. I've been looking for answer everywhere in the source but still couldn't find it.
            • 24,544 Posts
            Try turning off the compress_js and compress_css System Settings, and then manually deleting all files in the core/cache directory. If that doesn't work - have you messed with the Policies or Policy Templates or changed any of the Security ACL entries?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
            PLEASE, PLEASE specify the version of MODX you are using.
            MODX info for everyone: http://bobsguides.com/modx.html
              Did I help you? Buy me a beer
              Get my Book: MODX:The Official Guide
              MODX info for everyone: http://bobsguides.com/modx.html
              My MODX Extras
              Bob's Guides is now hosted at A2 MODX Hosting
            • I have to replicate the settings of web context for new context under modx_context_access. Then do a flushing all sessions. Then now I can see the context in the tree and in context manager.
              About the Policies, I did some changes and add editor roles long time ago. I'll have to take a look at it in near future. It's kinda good experience to do those configs by hand.

I'm facing other error of domain, my new domain keeps 301 redirect to the root domain of server even though I configured it as an addon domain to other folder... I'm missing something in name server config.