We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 6 Posts
    Can anybody help me please before I loose the plot? I’ve got something wrong somewhere but just can’t identify it.

If you log in to the front end as the default admin the Wayfinder menu will show the protected menu item and the associated protected pages are accessible. If you log in as a user with the relevant access permissions the protected menu item doesn’t show but you can browse via URL directly to the asscoiated protected pages and access them fine. The Wayfinder call is uncached.
    I used the tutorial from MODX: the official guide to set up the access permissions, resource and user groups etc and that all appears to be ok as I can access the protected pages if I browse to them by URL, they just don’t show in the wayfinder menu. The register function of login greates the user with the right access permisions and all seems to be okay when I check in the user manager.

I previously had everything set up the same way and working on a remote linux host which was Revo 2.2.0. I’m now using a remote Windows host with Revo 2.2.2 set up by the host onto which I copied and pasted all my resources – I didn’t migrate. I did have a few teething problems finding the right .htaccess file to get FURLS working but that all seems to be working – wondered if that might be related.

I’m at a loss as to what is stopping the menu item from displaying, I’ve used the same set up I used on my old host so I can see no logic to why its not showing the protected menu item.

Any suggestions gratefully received

MODX Revo 2.2.2
    Login 1.8.0
    Wayfinder 2.3.1
    Windows Server 2003 R2 Standard Edition Service Pack 2
    FURLS are working
    Wayfinder call uncached
    • Are you using a different browser for the manager and working with the front-end? If so, your manager credentials may be carrying over into your front-end session. Before we assume something is wrong, make sure you view the site in a browser where you do not have a current session with the manager. Log out of the manager if you need to.
        • 6 Posts
        Thanks for the reply opengeek smiley

I always open manager in ie currently ver 8 and browse the front end in ff currently ver13.0.1. I've just tried it in chrome 20 and its the same, I've tried it in both browsers without manager logged in. I'm really stumped - I'm sure its something simple I've missed but just can't track it down.

Thanks for your help smiley
          • 6 Posts
          SORTED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

On my access policy template I only had LOAD and SAVE checked. I tried it with LIST checked as well and it worked - my menu item is now showing.

:-)