We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 20 Posts
    After moving a MODX-installation from one folder to another, I deleted the core cache, corrected the config.inc and the website shows perfectly.

But the manager now is damaged. It asks for login and password and then shows the »news«, »security advise« and »who's logged in« sections (it is the german language version installed, so I don't know the english expressions for the manager's startup session).

Unfortunately the sidebar in missing and any menu action leads to an empty page (but with the manager's head section and menu).

I compared the interior of the manager folder with other – running - installations and it seems to be fine.

Is anyone out there, who may imagine what could be damaged by moving the data or where a data entry could be, that I missed when I entered the new path?

Thank you
      • 23 Posts
      Hi designcologne,

maybe there is a problem with the folder permissions.

You could try to run the setup again. If the folder is gone just copy it from an install archive to the server and run the installer again. It will tell you if there are any problems regarding folder permissions and it will correct wrong paths in the process.

Also you could try to manually delete the contents of the core/cache/ folder.

Hope that helps...

Greetings
      • You could try disabling compress_css and compress_js (use phpmyadmin to edit the sql values to 0). I know that causes problems on some servers.
          Patrick | Server Wrangler
          About Me: Website | TweetsMODX Hosting
          • 20 Posts
          As I don't know how to disable compress_css and compress_js with phpmyadmin I took the long way and re-setup the existing version (2.2.0) which made the manager a kind of accessible (wrong language, no picts and some other curiosities).

Borne by that success I became frivolous and updated the stuff to version 2.2.4. The oddities with the manager remained (no: language is now the correct one), but I can manage the site now somehow.

If anyone has a clue how I regain my full functional manager interface – I'm still really interested!

Thanks to harde_76 and AMDbuilder for your help.
            • 23 Posts
            Hi designcologne,

to disable compress_css and compress_js like mentioned by AMDbuilder:

Click the table "modx_system_settings on the left side of phpmyadmin, click "Search" or "Suchen", enter "compress%" as value in the line labeled "key", edit the two rows.

If this doesn't help, re-check the file permissions.

Did the installer run without warnings or errors on the last page? Did he complain about missing file permissions on any point? Are you running 2.2.4 now?

Which functionality of the manager is not working? I am not sure which pictures you meant in your earlier post.

Greetings
              • 20 Posts
              to disable compress_css and compress_js like mentioned by AMDbuilder
              Great, I will keep that.

Now I opened the manager again to answer your post – after approx. 1, 5 hrs. – and find anything as it should!! (Ok. There is a tiny pull down menu »Sprache« with »cs« to »th« in the upper left corner of the login screen, that I never saw with other MODX login pages. It looks like a remnant from »setup«.)

Wow! I think there is no more help needed (at this point smiley
              Thank you.