We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 330 Posts
    Ok so I know theres another post with a similar question about the same error but that seems to be for a Windows server, so I decided to write one for Linux.

I do the install on Modx Revo 2.2.2 fine but on the very last step get this error:

The install failed because MODX could not unpack the
    /public_html/core/packages/core.transport.zip package. Make sure that the
    /public_html/core/packages/core.transport.zip file exists and is writable, and that you have made the
    /public_html/core/packages/ directory writable.

Naturally I look at all the permissions and check if the .zip file exists. All is well. I then unzip the file on my PC and FTP the contents back up, run the install again. Same issue.

I then get fed up, and remove the .zip file. All is ok until I log in to manager and the css and most of the pages in the backend have gone AWOL.

Could someone please please please help me out! Ive done about 6 installs now and its driving me nuts!

Thanks
      • 330 Posts
      OK so, havent solved it but gone back to 2.1.3 and its ok
      • I had this once and solved it by chmod 777 all files and subfolders of /core/packages
          • 330 Posts
          Quote from: gallenkamp at Jul 10, 2012, 09:07 AM
          I had this once and solved it by chmod 777 all files and subfolders of /core/packages

Hmm thats a good idea....I've only ever changed the permissions on the first two directories: core and packages