We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 22 Posts
    Reinstalling PHP and HTTPD didn't fix problem either. Looks like the cause lies somewhere else. I might as well take the chance to upgrade my CentOS 5.2 to 6.2, it is overdue anyway.

Thanks for all the helps you guys provided, really appreciate it!

Johnmen
    • Hello,

I suspect the issue may be related to your ownership permissions. Do you have suPHP setup on this server? If so you might give that a try and adjust the permissions/ownership accordingly.
        Patrick | Server Wrangler
        About Me: Website | TweetsMODX Hosting
      • discuss.answer
        • 22 Posts
        Thank you guys for the great help, I have found the root cause and fixed it.

The issue is in fact caused by me updating the Gallery add-on from 1.4 to 1.5.2. The Gallery 1.5.2 is not compatible with modx 2.1.3 that I had, hence the upgrade process didn't succeed. I have tried a number of times to run the upgrade and the process never able to complete. I didn't know the Gallery 1.5.2 is not compatible with my version of modx until reading the change logs before starting the upgrade, but I hit the "upgrade" button too quick before I realised I shouldn't have done it. That was where the whole saga started.

The way to fix it is simple, upgrade my modx 2.1.3 to the latest version which is now 2.2.4, then retry the Gallery upgrade which completed this time, and the issue was then fixed.

During my troubleshooting I was checking the error log files in the /var/log/httpd folder and saw something along the line of "Fatal error: Call to a member function get() on a non-object in..." and the involved call was to do with Gallery add-on, that was how it led me to try the modx upgrade and Gallery upgrade which then fixed the problem.

Again appreciate you guys' great help!

Johnmen