We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 15 Posts
    I'm trying to install MODx Revo on a new EC2 Server using RDS as the database. When I get to the database connection page if I type in a blatantly wrong user/pass I get this error:

Connecting to database server:  
    Could not connect to the database server. Check the connection properties and try again.

[2012-06-27 20:19:07] (ERROR in xPDOConnection::connect @ /var/www/html/pub/core/xpdo/xpdo.class.php : 2997) SQLSTATE[28000] [1045] Access denied for user 'user'@'aws.ec2.internal' (using password: YES) 

[2012-06-27 20:19:07] (ERROR in xPDOConnection::connect @ /var/www/html/pub/core/xpdo/xpdo.class.php : 2997) SQLSTATE[28000] [1045] Access denied for user 'user'@'aws.ec2.internal' (using password: YES) 

However.. when I type in the RIGHT user name and password the page does nothing. Upon looking at Chrome Developer Console you can see that it's throwing a server 500 error on `setup/processors/connector.php` and I can't continue installation.

Also.. the server doesn't write any of the logs to the error.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    • Typically a 500 error is caused by incorrect file permissions, or problems with your .htaccess file. I would double check you have the right permissions for the file in question.
        Patrick | Server Wrangler
        About Me: Website | TweetsMODX Hosting
        • 697 Posts
        In this case, its quite clearly your DB/DB user.

Make sure you are using a DB user with permissions on the target DB, because it does not look like this is the case.
          • 43 Posts
          This is a old post but I found the solution for this error in a new install using EC2 Server using RDS as the database.
          Is necessary to configure an inbound rule in security groups in database instance, this inbound rule should be something like this:

type: MySql/Aurora
          protocol: TCP
          port range: 3306
          source: "Security Group ID from instance where is the files"

I hope this help to somebody

@yulianita